Friday, February 09, 2007

Visit to Liverpool, Part 2

I'm not proud. Neither is Simon. But we were delighted to visit ASDA in Huyton. We know that Wal-Mart is an evil empire, but right now, we just can't care. Try shopping in the Netherlands, people. It's not easy. It's bad. It's post-Soviet satellite nation bad. I'm not exaggerating. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but not much.



After staying with Jean, Simon's great aunt, we went to scenic, hilly, lovely Cheshire to stay the night with Elaine and Simon, my Simon's aunt and uncle. Mostly I took pictures of Minnie, a 22-year-old kitty cat, and Scaredy Cat (or Fluffy or something else . . .). I've now known Scaredy Cat for over 10 years. She's finally allowed me to pet her. I feel that this is a breakthrough in our relationship.





Elaine took us to see Antony Gormley's Another Place, an incredible installation of 100 sculptures of the artist set along the beach. In this picture, Elaine is insisting that she's not looking at the sculpture's bum but at his "barnacles." Ahem.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home