Sunday, May 21, 2006

Much Better (Training Update)

Well, the weather has taken a turn for the windy and rainy, so yesterday Simon and I didn't cycle. Instead, we spent the day in Leiden doing some super-secret shopping for my dad. That's all I'm saying about that. We also bought a new suspension seatpost for my end of the tandem; that's why today is "much better." It turns out that my seatpost had probably been going for the last several rides. Last week's ride was especially unpleasant. Enough said.

Today, we had a late start but managed to get out on the bike around 1 p.m. We rode to Wassenaar and then headed toward the coast, going north through Katwijk and Noordwijk and stopping in Zandvoort aan Zee for kibbeling (fried fish chunks) and frites or patats (French fries). Fried fish, however, is the not best choice for a mid-trip snack. From Zandvoort, we went east to Haarlem and caught the train there. In all, we did 39 miles -- nothing heroic, I'm afraid. We did, though, have a great tail wind while we were going north. Our maximum speed was 31 m.p.h.

And yes, we're having a curry tonight.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know that cookoing with curry so often is going to make your house stink --- permanently! No joke. You can repaint and recarpet, but you can never get the smell out of the house.

Hope you are doing well. You seem to be enjoying yourselves, for which I am very glad. I'm looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks.

Troy

Oh yeah, I still haven't figured out what you are "training" for.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home