Thursday, May 11, 2006

Knittin' Fool

A couple of weeks ago, I finished these gift socks in Knit Picks Dancing (41% Cotton, 39% Wool, 13% Nylon, 7% Elastic). I used size 2 DPNs and cast on 60 stitches. I did the cuff in K3, P1, and used the pattern I always use: "Classic Socks for the Family" by Yankee Knitter Designs.


I've begun the second sock in this pair. I'm using Knit Picks Parade (75% Superwash Wool, 25% Nylon). Again I'm using 60 stitches on size 2 DPNs and "Classic Socks for the Family." I did a 1" cuff in K1, P1, and then switched to K3, P1 for the leg. I'm really happy with the striping, and the second sock should turn out to be nearly identical to the first. (A little explanation for those non-knitters out there: this yarn is self-striping; the wool is from the same skein.)


Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you tried using cat hair?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home