Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Books Read in March

A shorter list this month

Ian Rankin (writing as Jack Harvey): Witch Hunt
Alan Hollinghurst: The Line of Beauty
George Orwell: 1984*
Markus Zusak: The Book Thief
Nick Hornby: Slam
Anne Perry: Half Moon Street

The Line of Beauty was excellent but intensely sad. As it is, in essence, a contemporary Henry James novel, this book also took forever to read.

And I loved The Book Thief. Read it before the movie comes out!!!

*No, this wasn't my first reading of 1984. I read it back in 1984 when I was way to young to understand the novel. I reread it because one of my students was assigned it for senior English. Now I need to dig up all the other books I read in my tweens (just think, back then I didn't even know I was a tween) and didn't understand.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 12:05 AM , Blogger Stephanie... said...

Don't forget "To Kill a Mockingbird" like the best book ever!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home