Friday, February 01, 2008

Books Read in January

The length of this list may cause you to wonder whether I spend all my time reading and eating bon-bons (why it is always bon-bons? why not pork rinds?). However, much of my reading occurs during the nearly two hours I spend every weekday enjoying the sights, sounds, and smells of public transportation. No, I'm not on the bus for two hours. I spend most of that time waiting for the bus. It's fun.

Marisha Pessl: Special Topics in Calamity Physics
Mark Haddon: A Spot of Bother
Lois Lowry: The Giver
Laurie Perry: Crazy Aunt Purl’s Drunk, Divorced & Covered in Cat Hair
Sébastien Japrisot: The Sleeping-car Murders
Diane Setterfield: The Thirteenth Tale
Elizabeth Gilbert: Eat, Pray, Love
M.T. Anderson: Feed
Philippe Claudel: By a Slow River
Susan Runholt: The Mystery of the Third Lucretia
Anthony Trollope: Rachel Ray

And finally a couple of snaps from our November trip to Boston:


The squirrels in Boston are fat and fearless.


I always travel to Boston for Belgian beer.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home