Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Little Duckers

If you look very closely, you'll see that this duck seems to be sitting on something -- her 15 ducklings! I saw the ducklings earlier this afternoon as they were swimming around their mom in a canal near our apartment. When I went back to take some pictures, they had already turned in for, um, the afternoon. Apparently ducks don't keep late hours. I should have known that since there's a pair that hangs out in our canal and starts quacking around 5 a.m.

I'll try to get better pictures in the next day or two.


And this is what I'm knitting right now: a simple cable scarf. I'm using a this pattern from Lionbrand and Tundra, Color 6704, by Katia. (To look at the pattern, you may need to register with Lionbrand.)

I'm happy with the scarf -- except for how much blocking I'll have to do to keep it from rolling up. To take this photo, I had to weight the scarf down with glasses (former mustard jars -- we have a full set!).

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3:58 PM , Blogger Emily said...

I like the colors. Will need to check out the pattern. Can't wait to see the FO. :)

 
At 7:31 PM , Blogger Amity said...

Thanks.
UFO may be an FO by the end of the weekend! Then the blocking begins. Grr.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home