Wednesday, August 02, 2006

We Have a Winner

Hugh was the first (and only, sort of – I’ll get to that in a bit) to post the book he has most recently read. I’m just wondering if he plans to teach Faulkner’s As I Lay Dying this year. What fun! (I’m not being sarcastic. I love that book.) So for Hugh, I will select a splendid Dutch treat. Hmm, perhaps something for the new school year or for his new office, which – I know for a fact – is spacious and has a breathtaking (is there any other kind?) view of a student parking lot.

So, all this time I was thinking that no one was posting to my blog. I discovered, however, that, even though I had requested e-mail notification, Blogger has not been notifying me when someone submits a comment. Looking for your contest comments, I located several old ones (thanks, Troy, Bonnie, Susan, and Jim) and have since posted them.

I have also realized that some of your comments for the contest didn’t show up (sorry, Margaret, Jim, and anyone else whose comment disappeared). I’ll just have to think of another contest soon . . .

Sorry for all the parentheses. (I seem to be feeling parenthetical this morning.)

2 Comments:

At 9:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's see if this one shows up...

Yes, I will teach As I Lay Dying--I look forward to it. I also look forward to almost all of the students hating me for it, as they will read it looking for a hero to pull for (silly kids!) and will likely be revolted. Let the games begin.

Yes, my new office is quite nice. I'll look forward to the return of students to help give some excitement to that view.

Hugh

 
At 10:53 PM , Blogger Amity said...

Duh! Anse Bundren is totally the hero. I think we can all learn a lot from him -- about being bone-idle.

Yeah, your students will hate you. Be sure to point out all the funny parts that they won't find remotely amusing -- like when Anse sets Cash's leg in concrete.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home